Author Topic: [Tutorial] How To Make Simdash / Rev Burner work with DiRT Rally!  (Read 9580 times)

Chr0m3xMoDz

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
Hello, I'm new here and just wanted to share information on how you can get telementry output from DiRT Rally.
I am aware that some of you may already know about this.

So what you will want to do is either download my useless app or get any .exe on your computer (cmd, notepad etc) and name it dirt3.exe.
Place it in the root of your DiRT Rally folder.

You can download my app here if you wish (It does nothing it's just a blank c# app with a message box)

Download Link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/ibwfwg
Virus Scan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/38c3ecac58234eb0a0a14e3eb68348f5d86a9a6e75e994c90751648a6c6da015/analysis/1431156661/

Again you don't need to use my app it's just for lazy people :P

Next you will need to locate your hardware_settings_config.xml (If you purcahsed off Steam then it will be at C:\Users\Your User\Documents\My Games\DiRT Rally\hardwaresettings) If it's not located there just do a search on your system for hardware_settings_config.xml.

Open up your hardware_settings_config.xml and change  <motion enabled="false" ip="dbox" port="20777" delay="1" extradata="0" />
to <motion enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" extradata="1" />

Now before you start DiRT rally execute the dirt3.exe in the root of your DiRT Rally folder and you will see that simdash will pick it up as you are playing DiRT 3 like so

Now you can start DiRT Rally and all your gauges will work perfectly.

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:24:16 am by Chr0m3xMoDz »

chrismox

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] How To Make Simdash / Rev Burner work with DiRT Rally!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 07:35:39 pm »
Great, works perfectly, many thanks.

mitchb57

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 10:43:44 pm »
Thanks for sharing  ;)  only the RPM and GI Max works but it works well ;D

THANKS Chr0m3xMoDz!!!

RC36

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 01:01:07 am »
Thanks,works great  ;D

long legs

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 09:08:05 pm »
Hello i try this method, and simdash saying that dirt3 IS running. It IS correct, but, suddently appears a error message and i can't use a dashmeter pro. Has Someone the same failure? Thanks in advance!!

hit counter