Author Topic: Multiple Profiles?  (Read 6151 times)

wickedbadretard

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Multiple Profiles?
« on: January 21, 2018, 02:30:53 pm »
I was wondering if there is a way to have multiple profiles so different games would display different info.     Example..   When Im not racing and playing a trucking simulator I would like my LapTime displays to display engine temps and speed.  I would like to convert my Tac into a speedo just for certain games...    Is this possible without reconfiguring when I want to change game types. Or possibly something that could be added?    Thanks

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
Re: Multiple Profiles?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 10:23:18 am »
Hello.
What it is possible to do now, is configure Simdash and then use the "File -> Export Settings..." menu and save the profile to a file.

Then create another configuration and export to another profile. So you are going to have different files that represents different profiles to use with different simulators.

To import a file/profile, you can use the "File -> Import Settings..." menu.

regards
Cristiano

wickedbadretard

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 01:45:02 pm »
Yea I actually got all that done yesterday.. I had a thought of saving and loading for those instances.   But since I have a pro-gauge Im unable to find a way to switch the tach to a speedo withougt rewiring to the board.   If I remember right cant that be switched on the Rev-Burner?       Thanks for the quick reply..   

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 04:00:53 pm »
With the Rev Burner is possible to load a different firmware on the board and the tachometer will become a speedometer.
But with the Pro-Gauge it can be done.

Can I ask why you want to switch a tahcometer to a speedometer?

Cristiano

wickedbadretard

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 07:12:05 pm »
In the trucking Simulator These trucks only Rev to 1.5k.  And On a 10K Tack thats pretty uneventful. Besides I also use automatic so a tack is unpractical for that game.. So a speedo is better suited..  If I wanted to go 65MPH down the road I could just go to 6.5 on the Tach.....  I am saving up for a big speedo now. But looking for a temporary solution until then..   

hit counter