Author Topic: Pro race freezes with Windows 10 and Automobilista  (Read 5348 times)

kmw

• View Profile
Pro race freezes with Windows 10 and Automobilista
« on: February 07, 2018, 01:47:04 pm »
Hi,
is there any known problem with the Pro Race and Windows 10 64 and/or Automobilista?

I have recently started getting giant freezes during racing - the whole game just locks up for around 8 seconds at random times, making racing almost impossible.

I don't know if it has been caused by Windows 10, which I installed in the last couple of months, or one of the many updates to the Automobilista game.

I have tried removing all controllers, and then plugging them back in one by one.
I can't be 100% sure as the problem is a bit random, but it seems to be working fine with my G27 wheel and my JC32 DIY button box, but when I plug the ProRace back in, the game freeze happens within the first few minutes of driving.

Thought I'd report it in case there is anything known about this, or in case there might be a fix.

I'm not sure of my ProRace version but I bought it back in 2011/12 if that helps determine it's version? Is there any way to update firmware?

At least I've already had good use out of it, but it's just a bit disappointing as AMS is the only race sim I use, so I now have to get used to racing without my display. (Glad I've still got the button box though :)  )

Cheers :)

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
Re: Pro race freezes with Windows 10 and Automobilista
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 01:56:18 pm »
Hello.
I am struggling thinking how the Pro-Race could freeze the game but I will try to investigate.

When the game is frozen for 8 seconds, are you able to go back to SimDash and check if it responsive? for example you could try to open the Pro-Race configuration screen.

It also would be interesting if you tried to keep the Pro-Race display connected and close SimDash. Does the freeze still happen?

and if you start SimDash but the Pro-Race is disconnected?

lots of tests but it is to isolate the source of the problem.

Regards
Cristiano

kmw

• View Profile
Re: Pro race freezes with Windows 10 and Automobilista
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 09:36:27 am »
Thanks Cristiano, you're right I haven't yet tried those permutations so I will do these tests when I get chance.

hit counter