Author Topic: SLI-Pro + GI Max & SPI-D  (Read 8854 times)

Syonco

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
SLI-Pro + GI Max & SPI-D
« on: February 29, 2012, 11:21:07 pm »
Trying to use this combination with either DiRT 3 / F1-2011 results in only the SLI-Pro working. I guess this has something to do with a port conflict or something, since they all use 20777?

Any solution to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
Re: SLI-Pro + GI Max & SPI-D
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 07:55:09 pm »
Dirt 3 and F1 2011 have a limit on the number of external applications that are allowed to read data from the game.
The limit is 1. The the simulator will send the data to either SimDash or the SLI Pro manager.

what you need is the Codemaster proxy server:

http://www.eksimracing.com/?p=48

the proxy receives the data from the simulator and forwards it to SimDash and to the Sli pro manager.

Please let me know if you need help with the configuration.

The latest patch of Dirt 3 has broken the data export and the simulator won't work with SimDash nor with the SLi-pro

if you want to use Dirt3, don't install the patch.

Regards
Cristiano

nickchong

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 12:06:27 pm »
Hi I'm finding it confusing with the configuration. would you be able to help out as to what needs to be changed when using the codemasters proxy app by eksimracing? i want to get both rev burner and my roso wheel which has an sli-pro working.

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 06:07:59 pm »
Hi I'm finding it confusing with the configuration. would you be able to help out as to what needs to be changed when using the codemasters proxy app by eksimracing? i want to get both rev burner and my roso wheel which has an sli-pro working.

I will give you some quick instructions but you should really ask the EKSim forum.

Basically by default the proxy receives the data from the game on port 33334
So edit the hardware_settings_config.xml configuration file of the game and tell him to send data to port 3334 (where the proxy is listening to)

<motion enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="33334" delay="1" extradata="1" />

Now tell the proxy to forward the received data to the Sli Pro Manager (which by default listens on port 40555) and to SimDash (let's choose port 20777)
If you choose these port values, you don't have to configure the proxy and the Sli Pro Manager, because they are their default values.

You just need to configure SimDash, to listen on port 20777. So open the configuration screen of the game (in SimDash) and set 20777 as the port number).

Now start the proxy, simdash, sli pro manager and the game and everything should work.
I haven't tested these steps, only read the instruction (see file CMPS_Readme.txt in the proxy's zip file).

Regards
Cristiano

hit counter