Author Topic: USB LCD Screen advise  (Read 2130 times)

kjhedges

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
USB LCD Screen advise
« on: June 08, 2014, 08:26:06 am »
Hi all.

I have been searching the web for quite some time now, trying to find a solution to my issue.

A few years ago, i bought a couple of items from SIM Display. A sim display for rfactor, which shows speed, laps, fuel ect. with rev counter LEDs and such. I also bought an LCD USB screen called SLI-Board B450 E.
Subsequntly, the original developer ceased development and handed the project to a friend of his. Who has since continued work on the rev counter device but not the LCD Screen.

So I have a fully functional rev counter and a defunct USB LCD Screen. Defunct, because the latest stable software for the rev counter doesnt support the LCD Screen.

I have been trying to find a solution to find an independant piece of software that would display the 8 HUD display pages in rfactor on this display again.

Im sure that the Sim Screen device that is produced here is the same device I have, but obviously the firmware is different.

So, basically, is there anyone with the knowledge to advise me as to if the LCD screen I have is basically defunct or can I recover the basic screen and redo the firmware with one that has some compatible software.

My apologies if some of what I have written is confusing, or sounds stupid. I am in a position of knowing what I desire, but not sure of the work around, if one even exists.

Thanks in advance

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
Re: USB LCD Screen advise
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 05:56:23 pm »
Hello.
I don't know what display you have but the SimScreen is definitely different. I designed it so I am sure it is the case.

Honestly, unless you rewrite the firmware of your display and also the software running on the computer side, I don't think you can keep using it.

rewriting firmware and software could be doable for you, I don't know it depends on your background and knowledge.

hit counter