Author Topic: Serial number Pro gauge problem  (Read 8496 times)

mitchb57

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Serial number Pro gauge problem
« on: July 05, 2014, 12:26:21 am »
HI Cristiano,

i have a big problem with the serial number on Pro gauge, only when i load a other profil in simdash the serial number
 change  :'(

That's my hardware: the first revburner is for RPM, the second for the SPI-D and the Pro gauge for the others gauge ( water temp, oil temp and oil pressure) and the GI pro.

Can you investigating on it for fix definitely this problem please?

i used your solution for a new serial number but i don't find this line for use the old config. files:

<OtherGaugesControllerSettings>
        <ProductId>7906</ProductId>
        <SerialNumber>&#x1;J&#x3;</SerialNumber>
to:

<OtherGaugesControllerSettings>
        <ProductId>7906</ProductId>
        <SerialNumber>xyz</SerialNumber>

Thanks so much  ;)

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
Re: Serial number Pro gauge problem
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 09:32:14 am »
Hello.
what is the Pro-Gauge's serial number displayed in the Pro-Gauge configuration screen?

the serial number is displayed in the top-left corner of the screen. (something like SN: 123)

can you also attach the configuration file please?

thanks
Cristiano

mitchb57

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 09:35:18 pm »
Hi Cristiano,

thank you to respond quickly , actually my serial number is " SN 160" because i have reset it. But if i load a other setting file in simdash,  the serial number is not the same as before (SN  ÿÿÿ) and i lose the configuration of pro gauge. If i don't change the setting file on simdash i have no problem with pro gauge.

Thanks for your work. ;)

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 10:54:46 am »
Hello.
I checked the configuration file but I think there is something wrong because it is basically empty.
there isn't any Pro-Gauge configuration stored in it so I think that's the reason you loose your configuration when you save it.

I think what you should do is: reconfigure your Pro-Gauge controller (and other devices if you have) then use the "File->Expert Settings..." menu to save a copy of your configuration.

Now that file should work correctly if you try to load it.

Regards
Cristiano

mitchb57

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 01:02:10 pm »
Hi Cristiano,

I don't know why but I think I might have done a bad manipulation in simdash.
I made a new start , open simdash, configure all gauges and save the file as a profile by default (OK)

I have Euro truck 2 and I must have another profile for him, I only configure the GI pro and save the file (OK)

hour of truth  ;D, I load the file by default and verifies the settings and the serial number hasn't changed (OK), I reload the file for ET2 and verified the settings and the serial number doesn't change  :D

everything works fine for now, thanks for your help

Regards

mitchb57

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 10:28:53 pm »
Hi Cristiano,

this last month, i lose the serial number 3 times but i don't know why

I have no problem with backups or save, I made ​​my settings, then I save, I can load them, no problem and works perfectly in game except the oil pressure in race 07

but when do  I start simdash (sometimes, not always) my serial number is  SN with 3 letters (SN  ÿÿÿ)  so it loses the settings and I have to start all over again

Am I the only one with this problem?

you're my only hope or if I'm lucky will be corrected in the next update
Thank you for your work.

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 09:17:23 pm »
Hello.
is the serial number always displayed as ÿÿÿ now?

if you go through the procedure  to change it, does the Pro-Gauge display it?
I don't remember if I explained to you how to change the serial number of the Pro-Gauge...

Thanks
Cristiano

mitchb57

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 10:49:34 pm »
Hi Cristiano, thank you to respond quickly

"is the serial number always displayed as ÿÿÿ now?"    It's a example, not always SNyyy, i take a screenshot if the serial number is changing.

I know how to change the serial number, that's not a problem for me. if I do the procedure, I get SN404, I have this at the moment.

My question is why my serial number often changes?

Thanks.

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 04:44:13 pm »
the serial number shouldn't change.
if it does, I don't know why.
if this is becoming a problem, please send me an email to contact@symprojects.com and I will arrange a replacement for you.

when you export the Pro-Gauge settings to make a backup, the serial number of the Pro-Gauge is stored inside the exported file.
if you want to use that saved settings file with a Pro-Gauge that has a different serial number, you have to manually edit the settings file, find where the serial number is stored and replaced it with the new serial number.

thanks
Cristiano

Hi Cristiano, thank you to respond quickly

"is the serial number always displayed as ÿÿÿ now?"    It's a example, not always SNyyy, i take a screenshot if the serial number is changing.

I know how to change the serial number, that's not a problem for me. if I do the procedure, I get SN404, I have this at the moment.

My question is why my serial number often changes?

Thanks.

mitchb57

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 09:10:15 pm »
Hi, thanks very much for your help  ;)

I start simdash today and i going in the pro gauge window and the serial number has change  :'(

I reinstalled the serial number then uninstalled simdash, redownload simdash on your webpage, remake the settings of my gauges and if I have this problem again, I will send a message to contact@symprojects.com

little information: the pro gauge is connected to a USB hub, but I tried to connect it directly to the pc to see the result.

I took a screenshot of the problem  http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/32/1407355671-screenshot-06-08-2014-20-58-57.png

Thanks very much, i appreciate  ;)

mitchb57

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 04:38:48 pm »
Hello Cristiano,

since the last post I had no problem with the serial number of the Pro gauge, I played at Euro truck 2 almost every day and today i start my computer and I hear a installation device at boot time. I run simdash and I lost the serial number and my settings. In the end I had no problems for two weeks and finally I wonder if this is not my usb hub which pose problem.

I will make one last test and I'll let you know.

thanks.

hit counter