Author Topic: SimScreen Editor - Image for Needle  (Read 6371 times)

Franky

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
SimScreen Editor - Image for Needle
« on: May 25, 2016, 01:38:06 am »
Hello ,
is there a way to make it possible to edit the needle for the gauges in SimSceen Editor?
This Shapeless-Unicolor-Thing looks really ugly.  ;)  It would be great to have the opportunity to import a image of a nice "photoshopped" Needle.

Anyway, I would love to see this Tool to be growing and improving with new Features.

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
Re: SimScreen Editor - Image for Needle
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 10:36:20 am »
At the moment it is not possible to do what you are asking for, but it should be reasonably easy to implement.

I will try to do it in the next days.

regards
Cristiano

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 03:49:09 pm »
Hello.
I think I have put something together, following your suggestion.
Maybe you want to have a look and let me know what you think.

If you use the Sim Monitor editor contained here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3544050/SimDash.test.zip

and open this .lcd file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3544050/test.lcd

you will see a gauge and a needle.
the needle is rotating with the seconds.

if you click the needle, you will see these properties set:

Mode: is set to Rotation. Rotation is a new value. it means that the image rotates based on the value of the data

In the "Rotation Mode" section:
Min Data value: the lowest value of the data associated to the image. For example, 0, if the data is RPM
Max Data value: the maximum data of the value. Could be 9.000 RPM for example.

Min Data Rotation: how many degrees the picture must be rotated when the data is at the minimum value. in the example the property is set to -90, which means 90 degrees to the left.

Max Data Rotation: degrees to rotate the picture when the data is at the maximum value.

Rotation Center X and Y: these are the coordinates of the rotation point. (0,0) is the top left corner of the picture.

Let me know what you think. Soon I will update the documentation on the website and if these changes are good enough, I will add them to the next release of SimDash.

regards
Cristiano

Franky

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 10:12:56 am »
Hello Cristiano,

Thanks for your very fast Response. This is exactly what i was looking for. Great Improvement in my Opinion.
Watch the difference in my quick and dirty Testfile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4eu4nxiuv352th/GT3%20Test%204.lcd?dl=0 
Is this not looking better than the old Needle?  ;)

Another suggestion is to have the Possibility to change the colors of Bars in Dependency of different Data...
Tire Temperature for Example... the different Sections of the Tires (out,middle,In) represented by Bars could change from cold (blue) to green to overheated (red) depending on the Temperature.

Another Thing is that it would be very nice to have the ability to "curve" the Bars in any Degrees and segment them.
What i mean is good to see if you look at the Fuelbar under the yellow Bar i created in the Testfile.

Thanks again for your Work so far... That´s  8) !
Wishing you a nice Weekend
Regards
Franky

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 05:18:12 pm »
Thank you for the suggestions.
I will try to implement as much as possible.

Regards
Cristiano

Hello Cristiano,

Thanks for your very fast Response. This is exactly what i was looking for. Great Improvement in my Opinion.
Watch the difference in my quick and dirty Testfile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4eu4nxiuv352th/GT3%20Test%204.lcd?dl=0 
Is this not looking better than the old Needle?  ;)

Another suggestion is to have the Possibility to change the colors of Bars in Dependency of different Data...
Tire Temperature for Example... the different Sections of the Tires (out,middle,In) represented by Bars could change from cold (blue) to green to overheated (red) depending on the Temperature.

Another Thing is that it would be very nice to have the ability to "curve" the Bars in any Degrees and segment them.
What i mean is good to see if you look at the Fuelbar under the yellow Bar i created in the Testfile.

Thanks again for your Work so far... That´s  8) !
Wishing you a nice Weekend
Regards
Franky

hit counter