Author Topic: Problem with Nitro Stunt Racer  (Read 8036 times)

kmw

• View Profile
Problem with Nitro Stunt Racer
« on: December 30, 2012, 11:14:53 am »
Hi Cristiano,
I am sorry to pester, but I'm having trouble getting Nitro Stunt Racer to be recognised by SimDash (to display any data on pro-race display).
I have followed your instructions precisely, adding the following to the target line:

C:\NitroStuntRacing\Bin\ReflectMaster.exe -config -FD_TYPE 1 -FD_Host 127.0.0.1 -FD_Port 6556

but it is not recognised.

I also tried changing the exe name from Reflectmaster.exe (its current name in ver 0.2.8.2) to an older name of NSR_S1.exe (from ver 0.2.5.7) but this did not work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Keith

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
Re: Problem with Nitro Stunt Racer
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 11:46:51 am »
Hello.
When you say that the game is not recognised, do you mean that SimDash doesn't detect it?
Or it is detected but you get not data on the display?

Thank you

kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 12:53:14 pm »
Sim Dash is not recognising it at all.
As you know, normally when you start a game up, you see the name appear in Sim Dash - 'Game Stock Car is running' for example. But there is no recognition of NSR being started - it continues to read 'no simulator detected'.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 02:13:38 pm by kmw »

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 03:54:43 pm »
Sim Dash is not recognising it at all.
As you know, normally when you start a game up, you see the name appear in Sim Dash - 'Game Stock Car is running' for example. But there is no recognition of NSR being started - it continues to read 'no simulator detected'.

Hello.
The executable has to be renamed to NSR_S1.exe

I have tried it now and it is detected by SimDash when I start the game after having renamed the file.

Are you sure it is not detected for you?

kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 06:57:33 pm »
Thank you so much Cristiano. It did not work for me when I edited the original shortcut, I have no idea why, but I read your post and tried it again, this time creating a new shortcut and then adding the new properties, and it has worked.
Thanks for the assistance :)

kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 09:35:01 pm »
Cristiano, sorry but it's a false alarm. After creating a new shortcut and using the old exe name, sim dash then said ' Nitro Stunt racer running', so I thought it was fixed.
But in the game, actually no data is being displayed on the pro-race display, and no revs.
Can you suggest whether it is something wrong on my pc or could it be caused by the updtaed game version?

Thanks again,
Keith

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 06:11:02 pm »
Cristiano, sorry but it's a false alarm. After creating a new shortcut and using the old exe name, sim dash then said ' Nitro Stunt racer running', so I thought it was fixed.
But in the game, actually no data is being displayed on the pro-race display, and no revs.
Can you suggest whether it is something wrong on my pc or could it be caused by the updtaed game version?

Thanks again,
Keith

I haven't tried the latest version of the game so I can't say if there is something different with the new version.

I think they wouldn't remove the possibility of exporting data, because they know there are displays like the Pro-Race of Sli-Pro that support the game.

I would ask them anyway. the customer support usually replies to emails.

I suppose you have check that the port number set in the command line and the one set in SimDash is the same...

What happens if you open the "View->Data..." dialog in SimDash while the game is running? can you see any data displayed?

kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 07:05:41 pm »
No, nothing showing in the view...Data screen.
Thanks, I will contact the NSR support and ask them as you suggest,
Keith

kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 09:05:34 am »
Cristiano, just to update you, Etienne at Nitro Stunt racer forum has confirmed that the data export is disabled in the latest version of the game, but it will be reactivated in the next update :)

hit counter