Sim Monitor is a telemetry application that can be displayed on a secondary monitor. In the video above, we used a small external VGA monitor.
The data and graphic displayed by the application is completely customizable. The Sim Monitor Editor is the application that allows you to create content for the Sim Monitor. Elements like progress bars, text, gauges, graphs and animated gifs are used to create any sort of design. Data that can be visualized include: speed, RPM, fuel level, water temperature, race position, lap time…
Sim Monitor can be configured and started through the Sim Monitor menu in SimDash. From the same menu, you have access to the licence settings:
- The “Use Coupon…” button is used if you want to buy a licence redeeming a coupon. You will be taken to the next dialog where coupon code, your name and email address must be filled-in:
- Use the “Load Licence File…” button if you have already bought a Sim Monitor licence. Browse to the Licence.xml that was sent to your email address. Licences are only valid on the computer used to buy them.
- The “Buy Licence…” button will take you the Paypal page for the payment. After the payment is complete, you will receive an email with your Licence.xml file, that then must be loaded clicking the “Load Licence File…” button.
In DEMO mode, Sim Monitor will run for 10 minutes and then will close, but it can be started an unlimited number of times. That will allow you to experiment with the application and understand if it will be useful to you, before buying it.
The licence costs £9.90 and will work on the computer used to complete the Paypal transaction. In case you need to transfer the licence to a new computer, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sim Monitor configuration
Click the Sim Monitor->Config… menu to show the configuration screen:
The Designs section contains the list of designs you want Sim Monitor to display. you can choose up to 20 files that you have created or downloaded from the Sim Monitor gallery.
To make Sim Monitor move from one design to another you can click an element of the current design with the mouse or tap it with the finger if your monitor has a touch screen, like in the video at the beginning of this page.
The guide to the Sim Monitor editor will explain how to assign an action to an element of the design (see the Action property of the Image widget).
and set the controller ID and button number used to move to the next and previous designs.
To find the controller ID for the JC32 and JC24, use the Joystick Controller Configuration Utility available in the Download page. The controller ID is shown as Serial Number:
With the Pro-Race display instead, open the Pro-Race configuration screen in SimDash. The Pro-Race ID will be shown at the top-left of the screen:
- Check this page out. It contains a simple guide on how to use the Sim Monitor editor to create new designs or to modify existing ones.
- If you maximize the Sim Monitor full screen, the window toolbar will disappear and the restore button will not be visible. To exit the full screen mode, double click (or double tap if you have a touch screen display) any point of the Sim Monitor window.