Author Topic: SimDash 1.3.3 Beta  (Read 18964 times)

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
SimDash 1.3.3 Beta
« on: July 23, 2011, 10:35:05 pm »
Hello.
As anticipated SimDash 1.3.3 is being released at the end of the month.
If anybody wants to test it before, this is the link to the beta version:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3544050/SimDash.1.3.3.Beta.zip

.NET Framework v.4 is required and the installed will download it for you if it is not present on your machine.

The main changes in this version are:

• support for Dirt 3
  • support for Need for Speed Shift 2
  • There is a new type of data available and it is the RPM expressed in %. this allow you to configure the shift light using % instead of absoulute RPM. so when you change the car you don't have to chage the RPM value of the shift light. Rpm % can be used with the SPI-D, GI Max, GI Pro, Pro Shift and SimScreen. It is supported by all the simulators that can display the "Max RPM" data item
  • The SimScreen now displays Memory usage, network usage, volume/mute settings and level of the sound being played. the last one is available only with Vista/Win7
  • if you install CoreTemp http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ the SimScreen will display usage and temperature of each cpu/core of your computer. CoreTemp must be started BEFORE SimDash or Simscreen Editor otherwise usage/temperature of the CPUs won't be available
    Values are refreshed once per second but you can change CoreTemp's settings to upgrade these values every 500ms. Don't make the refresh rate lower than 500ms because SimScreen only checks them every 500ms
  • GI Max and GI Pro configuration screens have been changed a little, added a couple new settings.
  • it is now possible to connect more SimScreens at the same time and display different designs on each of them
  • there is a new firmware for the Pro Shift. If you use the new version the Pro Shift will be seen by Windows as a USB Game Controller with 4 buttons available which can be configured in the game like the buttons of a joystick or wheels. the other functionalities of the Pro Shift will remain the same. this zip file http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3544050/ProShiftFirmware.rar contains both the original firmware and the new firmware if you want to try it or if you need 4 extra buttons for your cockpit. on the website there are the instruction for the upgrade process.
  • all the code that handles the usb comminications have been rewritten and optimized. if you find anything wrong with the USB, please let me know

I think this is everything. This version will become SimDash 1.3.3 ( or 1.4) at the end of the month, unless  bugs are reported.

Thank you
Cristiano

Mortos

• View Profile
Re: SimDash 1.3.3 Beta
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 11:30:30 pm »
There appears to be a bug with the "data" window. When closed, SimDash freezes and the cursor changes to an hourglass when over the main window. (No devices connected, no sims running)

The feature list is looking very nice, I must say. Two questions:

Will the Pro Shift also receive a min/max function? This would enable gauges with only one LED on at a time, so they're less distracting or simply more appealing to whoever prefers that look.

Would you consider adding Max RPM data for Live For Speed? It doesn't output the value directly, however the current car is. If you have a list of cars and their Max RPM values, it would work brilliantly.
LFS lacks addon/mod support, so the cars ID's are always known values.

Hampsta

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 11:35:17 am »
Hi, firstly YES a new update  :)
I have not had the issues mentioned above but my rev burner no longer works with the new version. Works fine in Simdash testing values but not in game anymore. I have reconfigured the rfactor plugin and still no go. Also have upgraded firmware to V2.
Any idess?
Thanks

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 11:41:03 am »
Hi, firstly YES a new update  :)
I have not had the issues mentioned above but my rev burner no longer works with the new version. Works fine in Simdash testing values but not in game anymore. I have reconfigured the rfactor plugin and still no go. Also have upgraded firmware to V2.
Any idess?
Thanks

so are you using rFactor? Do you have other devices connected, like GI Max? do they work?

thanks

Hampsta

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 11:43:13 am »
Hi Cristiano
Yes I have Pro Shift, GI Max, SPID and Rev Burner connected. All working great except Pro Shift.

Ricky

Hampsta

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 11:45:22 am »
Sorry, I meant all working except Rev Burner and yes I am using rfactor and also Race On which is working except Rev Burner again.

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 11:49:54 am »
Sorry, I meant all working except Rev Burner and yes I am using rfactor and also Race On which is working except Rev Burner again.

ok. thanks.

I found the problem. it was related with the new USB code I wrote.

I will update the files for the download later today.

thanks for the help.
Cristiano

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 11:52:48 am »
There appears to be a bug with the "data" window. When closed, SimDash freezes and the cursor changes to an hourglass when over the main window. (No devices connected, no sims running)

The feature list is looking very nice, I must say. Two questions:

Will the Pro Shift also receive a min/max function? This would enable gauges with only one LED on at a time, so they're less distracting or simply more appealing to whoever prefers that look.

Would you consider adding Max RPM data for Live For Speed? It doesn't output the value directly, however the current car is. If you have a list of cars and their Max RPM values, it would work brilliantly.
LFS lacks addon/mod support, so the cars ID's are always known values.

Hello.
Does the Data window block every time you open it?

I will add the Min/Max feature to the Pro Shift and also investigate the Max RPM option with LfS.
If I can read the car IDs, I think your solution is going to work.

Thanks
Cristiano

unit_4

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 01:09:35 pm »
Wow.
Cant wait to get home to try this.

Thanks.

Mortos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 01:37:10 pm »
I tested some more. I was able to replicate the bug every time I started SimDash, until I configured the LFS plugin to have it display some data(which it did perfectly).

Afterwards, it didn't freeze on closing the window. However, after reinstalling and testing some more, it seems to occur randomly.

When I switch the Main/Simulator/Instruments tabs multiple times, it seems to occur more often.

The bug manifests like this: open SimDash, click view/data, the window opens, click the "red x" on the window, the data window closes. At this point the main simdash window is frozen, no mouseover effects on the tabs/menu, no response to clicking on anything including the close button. ALT-F4 doesn't work either at this point.

The only way I can exit is to "kill" the SimDash.exe process.

In addition I get the following error: "SimDash.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." sporadically whenever I close the program.

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 09:24:05 pm »
I tested some more. I was able to replicate the bug every time I started SimDash, until I configured the LFS plugin to have it display some data(which it did perfectly).

Afterwards, it didn't freeze on closing the window. However, after reinstalling and testing some more, it seems to occur randomly.

When I switch the Main/Simulator/Instruments tabs multiple times, it seems to occur more often.

The bug manifests like this: open SimDash, click view/data, the window opens, click the "red x" on the window, the data window closes. At this point the main simdash window is frozen, no mouseover effects on the tabs/menu, no response to clicking on anything including the close button. ALT-F4 doesn't work either at this point.

The only way I can exit is to "kill" the SimDash.exe process.

In addition I get the following error: "SimDash.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." sporadically whenever I close the program.

Thank you for the detailed report.
I will investigate the issue.

Regards
Cristiano

Hampsta

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 08:24:29 am »
Hi again
Tried with the updated download and all works well. No errors I can find. Thanks very much for your support of these great products.

Ricky

unit_4

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 11:10:34 am »
Where is the updated download. ?

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 01:51:43 pm »
Where is the updated download. ?

It's the same link at the beginning of the thread. I replaced the linked file.

Regards
Cristiano

cabeza455

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 08:28:13 pm »
por favor no me funciona con el dirt 3  ayuda nesecito ayuda

hit counter