Author Topic: Fuel gauge  (Read 9031 times)

WhiteLightning

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Fuel gauge
« on: December 26, 2017, 03:19:57 am »
Hi all,

I need help figuring out how to fix my fuel gauge. I’m using the pro-gauge interface and a vdo fuel gauge purchased from symprojects. I’ve calibrated the gauge. But In game it just pegs out at full. Im playing American truck simulator. Also, I don’t know if this has anything to do with it or not. But when calibrating the gauge, instead of increasing the number to go up the scale on the gauge. You have to decrease the number to go up and increase it to go down. Any help would be appreciated.

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
Re: Fuel gauge
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 03:36:01 pm »
Hello.
If the gauge moves when you calibrate it in the Pro-Gauge configuration screen, it means that it works correctly.
To find that the problem is, I would first check if SimDash is reading the fuel data correctly from the game.
To do that, open the "View -> Data..." menu in Simdash and check if you can read the fuel level data, while the game is running in the background.

If you can read the fuel data, then it should be a problem with the configuration. for further help you can use my email:  contact@symprojects.com

Regards
Cristiano

wickedbadretard

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 12:40:34 pm »
Was this resolved?   Im having the same issue with a VDO fuel gauge.  It seams to function in reverse during config.  After config it works great in simdash but pegs full during game.. I chaged the max fuel amounts up and down with no change.  SimDash shows live data for fuel.    "Fuel .  188.55L - 49.89gal  0.00 %".   What do I need to do?  display data setting is "Fuel Level"

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 04:40:28 pm »
Hello.
Few days ago I found an error in SimDash in the code that converts fuel quantity from liters to gallons.
I fixed it and I will probably release a new version of SimDash next week end.

I think your problem is caused by that bug. you can test the fix here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/833g0v96z4povjd/SimDashTest.zip?dl=0

if you can't wait next week end.

Regards
Cristiano

wickedbadretard

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 02:59:46 pm »
That patch worked perfectly!  Thanks!   I just set the max level to my trucks 220gal tank, and Its dead on.             Great support here at SymProjects!

hit counter