Author Topic: Using Gauges to monitor Processor and Internet speeds..  (Read 6178 times)

wickedbadretard

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Using Gauges to monitor Processor and Internet speeds..
« on: January 28, 2018, 03:35:39 pm »
 Hi Christiano,  I would like to know if your software/hardware could be used to Monitor my CPU usage and my Internet connection strength.  If I could have a analog gauge show me this info would be beyond helpful at times.  If I could just look at my dash to see if a players car is bouncing around because of my connection or theirs..   Monitoring CPU would also be very helpful.    If this would be possible I would buy a rev Burner for all my computers.   I would paypal you $ just for your time working on software, Because it would just be awesome to have that info at a glance.           Thanks again.. 

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
Re: Using Gauges to monitor Processor and Internet speeds..
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 09:17:58 pm »
Hello.
I think adding CPU usage is relatively easy but I am not sure about internet speed.
Do you think that displaying the download/upload current speed could be useful? Not the maximum speed available (maximum bandwidth), but the bandwidth used?

Cristiano

wickedbadretard

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 11:25:14 pm »
haha awesome sounds like something you may be interested in trying.     I guess with the Internet connection you could just display whats being used.  Because if its running slow its going to show that its running slow on the gauge. I would guess that would be the easiest path.  Not to sure.  But It would be awesome!  I run an older gaming pc with updated graphics and I think sometimes I overload my older CPU. So it would be comforting to see this info at times..  And Im just a bit obsessed with gauges at the moment.  And creating custom faces for them.   So I figured I needed gauges that displayed CPU and Net usage.    I bet a well written article on Instructables using your gauge controller to monitor PC stuff would be ultimate geek status and get some attention if your looking to make a few more sales..   

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 03:51:08 pm »
Hi.
I will try to implement it.
maybe you can check in 2 or 3 weeks if I have a prototype working.

Regards
Cristiano

hit counter