Author Topic: Darn! pro-gauge is missing......  (Read 7432 times)

ItsDaPlumber

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
Darn! pro-gauge is missing......
« on: February 21, 2014, 04:37:40 am »
Jumpers!! I was going to start to get my sun-pro gauges working via changing jumper settings and noticed i dont have any. I guess i have an old version.

Darren

Mortos

• View Profile
Re: Darn! pro-gauge is missing......
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 04:07:03 pm »
From what I can see the jumpers are used to change the resistor between the driver circuit and the gauge. Perhaps it's possible to substitute a through hole resistor between the output screw terminal and the gauge.

It's only a semi-educated guess, so I'd advise you to wait for Cristiano's response.

ItsDaPlumber

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 02:04:22 am »
yea, he must have changed them. Its not that old at all! I'm trying to work these sunpro white face gauges and i get no response on the gauge from the software. I can't even get the lights to go on for the gauges. I tried the 1A PS and nothing, i went to a 2A PS and nothing. Do you think i need more? I used the 1A with the TypeR gauges and it worked fine.

Mortos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 09:47:30 pm »
From what limited detail I can see in the manual, the backlight should be an old-fashion lightbulb that sticks half way out the gauge.

To light this, all that should be required is connecting the black wire to ground and the red wire to +12V terminals on the Pro-Gauge.

Could you perhaps post a picture of how you've connected your gauge?

As for the power supply, 1A should be more than enough if you're only testing a single gauge.

If you get one working and find it behaves oddly when adding another, then you could consider a stronger power supply.

ItsDaPlumber

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 07:42:45 am »
Yup, thats exactly what i did. Not a light bulb goes on and the filaments are fine. I think its the board. The TypeR gauge doesn't work either.

Mortos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 08:45:39 pm »
Wait, so if I understand this correctly, the TypeR worked at first, but not anymore?

Have you tried one of the other outputs(S2,S3, etc..)? Is the board still recognized(Green orb in Simdash)?

If you have a voltmeter you should measure the voltage between the "GND" and "12V" terminals of the pro gauge. Obviously this should be 12V. Try measuring with and without a gauge connected to see if there's a difference(It could be fine at rest, but dip in voltage under load).

ItsDaPlumber

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 03:13:57 pm »
yes, this board was in my old dash and worked the typeR gauges. I connected the Sunpros and i have nothing. No lights and no movement. Board is recognized in software. removed the sunpros and connected 1 typeR gauge and nothing lights up. I will test today after work.

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 05:37:22 pm »
Hello.
is it possible the problem is with the power supply?

because there is very little that can go wrong on the Pro-Gauge with the 12V.

if you had another power supply we could be sure the problem is not there.

thanks

yes, this board was in my old dash and worked the typeR gauges. I connected the Sunpros and i have nothing. No lights and no movement. Board is recognized in software. removed the sunpros and connected 1 typeR gauge and nothing lights up. I will test today after work.

ItsDaPlumber

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 11:41:11 pm »
Yes, i will test another power supply. I had it powered with a 1A PS originally.

ItsDaPlumber

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 01:47:45 am »
Ok, My bad! My aluminum backplate on my dash was making contact with one of the gauge leads. i tested them outside of my dash and they all work in SimDash. The fuel doesn't go quite to full tank. I might need a signal thingy on that one. The oil pressure works in simdash.

hit counter