Author Topic: Has support ended?  (Read 8655 times)

kmw

• View Profile
Has support ended?
« on: May 11, 2015, 08:04:39 am »
I just wondered if Symprojects hardware is still sold and supported?

My ProRace dash is thankfully still working ok with my favourite GSC, but I wonder if it will work with the latest sims such as Assetto Corsa or Project Cars?

I must be honest, I would be reluctant to buy more hardware as I never see Christiano on the forum any more, or any requests for advice being answered, except for occasional help from other forum members.

The link to the forum has also been missing from the main site for months now, so new customers cannot even get to it.

Does anyone have any up to date experience of purchases or support?

rooky

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Has support ended?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 03:58:51 pm »
Hi,

I ordered hardware in march and had some Problems finding the right information to set it up properly. I sent an email to contact@symprojects.com and Cristiano responded within 48h, so support in general shouldn't be an issue.
My DLC-247 works quite well with Assetto Corsa and iracing but atm I can't get it working wit Project Cars and Kart Racing Pro, although these titles are listed as supported games.
I think if you're not sure about future support just email Cristiano and ask him.

gh69

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 04:44:34 pm »
I've been wondering the same thing  ??? Great products but since a while now no sign of much support on the forums.

I'm on the verge of buying The Sim Monitor software to display stuff to compliment my DLC247, but at the moment SimDash does not appear to support all the data Project CARS has available (and has for a while since long before release) so I'm reluctant.
Don't really want to have yet another bit of software running to display data to a screen so hopefully there will be some news of a new new version or some evidence of ongoing updates and support.

kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 08:48:37 pm »
Hi,

I ordered hardware in march and had some Problems finding the right information to set it up properly. I sent an email to contact@symprojects.com and Cristiano responded within 48h, so support in general shouldn't be an issue.
My DLC-247 works quite well with Assetto Corsa and iracing but atm I can't get it working wit Project Cars and Kart Racing Pro, although these titles are listed as supported games.
I think if you're not sure about future support just email Cristiano and ask him.

Thanks for the reply, good to know the response is still there, but I still think an occasional appearance on this forum would put people's minds at rest. He may be responding well in the background, but it does not fill me with confidence for example that future sims will be supported by SimDash.
I am very happy with my Prorace, and SimDash v5 or 6 are all I need, and what is bought is bought - I don't expect never ending support; but as a customer, when it is time to spend my money on more electronic dash hardware, I will be wary if I can see no obvious activity by the seller.

(Just my opinion, and certainly no offence meant to Cristiano, who has been very helpful to me in the past).

Teurastaja

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 12:02:38 pm »
So what's the deal with SymProjects? I bought the license for Sim Monitor almost a week ago, but haven't actually received it yet. Also, no answer from support either.

David91

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 06:51:28 pm »
I hope Cristiano will release the source code to simdash before he abandons his project....

RC36

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 12:07:12 am »
Hi,

My DLC-247 works quite well with Assetto Corsa and iracing but atm I can't get it working wit Project Cars and Kart Racing Pro,

Mine works fine with Project CARS,the only thing you have to do is go to Otions>visuals>Hardware and where it says 'Use Share Memory click Yes

bigmarky

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 05:44:42 am »
it took me a month to get my pro-gauge but the wait was worth it -

the last game on the list was project racing

if any more games comes out, someone should just email him - he still answers his email

i wish i could take him out to dinner :p he made my racing sim setup a true gem
*no homo*

Clubsport

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 03:45:07 pm »
Yeah I really don't understand him.... Not to read in his own forum isn't the best support... :(

hit counter