Author Topic: Display Split Time  (Read 9273 times)

Speedo

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
Display Split Time
« on: October 30, 2012, 04:28:22 pm »
I have been using the DLC-247 and displays for GTR2 lap times: current, best and previous.

The next thing I would like to do is Split Time for RFactor2. (Split time is not supported by SimDash for GTR2.)

I do not have RFactor2 yet. I am waiting until after the beta version becomes the final product. Can anyone describe what is displayed for the RFactor2 display of splits.  Is this the splits at multiple fixed points throughout the course?  Split time at mid-course only?  Is the data displayed presented in +xx.xxx or -xx.xxx differentials?

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
Re: Display Split Time
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 05:55:31 pm »
I can't test at the moment but if I remember correctly split time shows show what the time lap was when you reach fixed point on the track.
for example it show:

1.30.000 when you reach first checkpoint
keeps showing same value
2.45.000 at second checkpoint
keeps showing the value.
shows final lap time when you complete the lap.

the number of intermediate checkpoints is controlled by rFactor and usually is 2 plus the end of the lap.

What I think it would be nice to have, and I can make it if there is interest, is the lap time to display split times for few seconds, when a checkpoint is reached. in the same way the lap time is frozen for few seconds when you complete the lap

Speedo

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 08:46:55 pm »
Thanks, Cristiano.  Keep up the good work.

What would really interest me is to see the "differential" time being displayed.  Things happen so fast in the sims that we only have a brief moment to absorb data.  As an example, when I reach point A on the course, and the display indicates   " -00.01.485" ,  that would quickly tell me that I am doing almost 1.5 seconds faster.  The differential would save me the effort of mentally calculating if I am doing better or worse, and by how much time. 

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 06:36:23 pm »

What would really interest me is to see the "differential" time being displayed.  Things happen so fast in the sims that we only have a brief moment to absorb data.  As an example, when I reach point A on the course, and the display indicates   " -00.01.485" ,  that would quickly tell me that I am doing almost 1.5 seconds faster.  The differential would save me the effort of mentally calculating if I am doing better or worse, and by how much time. 

Noted.
I will try to do that

kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 03:15:19 pm »
This would be great, difference in split at each sector :)
Would it be possible to choose between 1) difference compared to own best or 2) difference compared to pole position (leader) (in pro-race display) ?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:17:13 pm by kmw »

Speedo

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 12:11:05 am »

Noted.
I will try to do that

Hi Cristiano,

It is possible that GTR3 might never be finished and released.  Many of us have the older GTR2 with a lot invested in mods and tracks, AIW tweaks, etc.   So we will continue to play GTR2 whether or not GTR3 is released or scrapped.

Currently, SimDash does not provide Split Time, Leader Gap and Next Car Gap for GTR2.  I already have LED displays and the DLC-247 to provide this data for RFactor 1 & 2.  Is it possible for you to tweak SimDash to provide this data also for GTR2 ?

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 06:30:50 pm »

Hi Cristiano,

It is possible that GTR3 might never be finished and released.  Many of us have the older GTR2 with a lot invested in mods and tracks, AIW tweaks, etc.   So we will continue to play GTR2 whether or not GTR3 is released or scrapped.

Currently, SimDash does not provide Split Time, Leader Gap and Next Car Gap for GTR2.  I already have LED displays and the DLC-247 to provide this data for RFactor 1 & 2.  Is it possible for you to tweak SimDash to provide this data also for GTR2 ?

The reason those values are not displayed is because the game doesn't offer them. I would be have to add them to the DLC-247 if it was possible.

hit counter