Author Topic: Rev Burner and wind ;)  (Read 6596 times)

museumsteve

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rev Burner and wind ;)
« on: December 04, 2012, 11:54:54 am »
Hi guys :)
I found a post somewhere that was linked here about possibly using Rev Burner with fan (maybe USB 5v) for wind effect using 'Speed' reading. Is this possible?
I really want to add a fan to my rig and have picked up an arduino but gave up after I realised I really couldn't work out how to get the data from the games :(
I dont really know anything about rev burner except it looks more plug n play than arduino :D

left888

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rev Burner and wind ;)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 06:17:45 am »
Steve, if you have SimVibe there is a filter that uses wind noise. If you ran a little USB fan along with the filter it might give you the desired effect.
Game Rig: |i7 960@3.20Ghz|6 Gigs Ram|WIN 7 64bit|2 GeForce GTX 670 SLI|Triple LCD TV 55"@5760x1080|
Custom ZALEM Frame|Thrustmaster T500 with reverse mounted Fanatec Club Sport Pedals|Derek Speare Pro Shifter|

karldulle

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 05:21:30 pm »
  I so much want this too.. But I need it with the capability of 2.5 amps  x  4 fans..    I dont want a little computer fan blowing a wisp of barely detectable air my way, I want my hair to blow in the wind... while I still have some...

I wish someone would pick up this project, as I too am ARDUINO impaired... by choice.. lol.. 

I think alot of SIMMers would be interested in a product with these capabilities.. I have been chasing guys to make one for about a year now..

Denis Castilloux

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 01:10:23 am »
Steve, if you have SimVibe there is a filter that uses wind noise. If you ran a little USB fan along with the filter it might give you the desired effect.

I've look at the Simvibe, i was shock  :o $80.00 for a software, i know, it's high end stuff but $80.00 it's lot of money.

Now, what would be better, is a card, (made in Symprojects) who do the same + the fan signal and connect to your pc motherboard (PCI Express slot)  ;)

There you go Christiano!

Thank you  8)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 01:12:32 am by Denis Castilloux »
“UNDERSTEER” is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
“OVERSTEER” is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
“HORSEPOWER” is how fast you hit the fence.
“TORQUE” is how far you take the fence with you.

hit counter