Author Topic: Race On & GT Legends - does anyone know why.....  (Read 6122 times)

kmw

• View Profile
Race On & GT Legends - does anyone know why.....
« on: January 14, 2013, 04:49:42 pm »
Hi, I'm having great fun with the Pro Race display, but I wonder if anyone can help?
The sim data sheet shows that some features work in Race On and GT Legends but are experimental i.e. may not actually work.
I find that the pit limiter, ignition light, and max revs light, all work ok in GTL, but do not work in Race On. I'd really like to get them working in Race On as well.
1) I was wondering, as both games are from SimBin, do they put out similar data, and in the same way?
2) Is it possible to edit any of the files to make more of this data function in Race On (or indeed in both games)?
3) Is it better to have offline versions installed instead of steam versions, or does it make no difference ?

If anyone has discovered any tweaks that increase functionality in these games, please share them here,
cheers :)
Keith
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 04:52:51 pm by kmw »

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
Re: Race On & GT Legends - does anyone know why.....
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 02:04:46 pm »
Hi, I'm having great fun with the Pro Race display, but I wonder if anyone can help?
The sim data sheet shows that some features work in Race On and GT Legends but are experimental i.e. may not actually work.
I find that the pit limiter, ignition light, and max revs light, all work ok in GTL, but do not work in Race On. I'd really like to get them working in Race On as well.
1) I was wondering, as both games are from SimBin, do they put out similar data, and in the same way?
2) Is it possible to edit any of the files to make more of this data function in Race On (or indeed in both games)?
3) Is it better to have offline versions installed instead of steam versions, or does it make no difference ?

If anyone has discovered any tweaks that increase functionality in these games, please share them here,
cheers :)
Keith

Hello.
The values that are marked as experimental are not supported by by official API of the game.
The way those values are read is by accessing and reading specific memory location in the game process.

Those memory locations are not guarantee bu stay the same if you install a patch for example, or be the same in all versions of the game (there might be an American version and an European one for example).

That's why sometimes they not work.

I did the testing using the DVD versions of the games.

Reagrds
Cristiano

kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 03:15:56 pm »
Thanks again Cristiano, I think I'll try installing my offline DVD version of Race On and see if I get the same data as GT Legends. :)

kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 09:23:23 am »
Cristiano,
again I am sorry to bother you, but I have tested another little program (real time telemetry by Dingosead, downloaded from nogripracing), and it is putting out pit limiter & pit request data along with lap times and other info, from SimBins Race On.
Please please could you take a look at the latest version of Race On when you get time, and update it to include any extra data. This has been my favourite race sim for several years and I would really like to get the maximum out of it on the prorace dash.
Thank you again,
Keith

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 06:06:40 pm »
Cristiano,
again I am sorry to bother you, but I have tested another little program (real time telemetry by Dingosead, downloaded from nogripracing), and it is putting out pit limiter & pit request data along with lap times and other info, from SimBins Race On.
Please please could you take a look at the latest version of Race On when you get time, and update it to include any extra data. This has been my favourite race sim for several years and I would really like to get the maximum out of it on the prorace dash.
Thank you again,
Keith

Thank you for the information. I can see that real time telemetry uses a different API. I think it is based on a file being written on the disk by the simulator and read by real time telemetry.

I will investigate it.

Cristiano

hit counter