Author Topic: F1 2016 Support?  (Read 20873 times)

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
Re: F1 2016 Support?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2016, 02:03:06 pm »
I checked the F1 2016 plugin and there was a mistake with the RPM, they were 10 times higher.

I fixed it and if you download SimDash v.10 again, now RPM should work correctly.

Regards

ravanor

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2016, 04:51:29 pm »
OK, downloaded latest version and used numbers instead of percent so I get the RPM's now and with some playing around I got them to flash too.

Question now is how do I ensure the XML file customized for F1 2016 is loaded ONLY when I play F1 2016 and not for the other racing games I play which the original Monsta configuration file used before F1 2016 worked on all other games?

I ask because since RPM % "is not" available in F1 2016 but "is" used by all the other games (tested with Project Cars) then I need a quick or automated way for the xml file to be input into SimDash.  Is there an option I am missing to associate an XML file with a plugin somewhere?

I am very excited the RPM's are working and just need some clarification on the above question concerning the SimDash software.

Respectfully,
Ravanor

Iveben_Kruzen

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 01:02:02 am »
@Cristiano It's working great now on the Pro-Race 2, thanks for the fixes!

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 03:42:00 pm »
Ravanor, you can create multiple configuration and load them based on the game you are playing.

You can start configuring SImDash for F1 2016. When you have done, use the "File -> Export Settings..." menu to save the configuration to a file, for example on the Desktop.

Then configure SimDash using RPM % and save the configuration again with the "File -> Export Settings..." menu.

Then you can load the configuration file you want to use using the "File -> Import Settings..." menu and choosing the configuration file you created for F1 2016 or the one that uses RPM %

Regards

OK, downloaded latest version and used numbers instead of percent so I get the RPM's now and with some playing around I got them to flash too.

Question now is how do I ensure the XML file customized for F1 2016 is loaded ONLY when I play F1 2016 and not for the other racing games I play which the original Monsta configuration file used before F1 2016 worked on all other games?

I ask because since RPM % "is not" available in F1 2016 but "is" used by all the other games (tested with Project Cars) then I need a quick or automated way for the xml file to be input into SimDash.  Is there an option I am missing to associate an XML file with a plugin somewhere?

I am very excited the RPM's are working and just need some clarification on the above question concerning the SimDash software.

Respectfully,
Ravanor

sektor974

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 04:09:12 am »
Hi,

It seems like the telemetry packets of F1 2016 integrates many usefull features like wheel pressure, brake temp, drs, fuel, pit, etc.

Is it possible to put it in SimDash ?

Thanks

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 01:43:48 pm »
I will investigate, for the next SimDash release.

thanks
Cristiano

sektor974

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2017, 04:10:06 pm »
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 04:11:55 pm by sektor974 »

Enzo F.

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
no hands and fixed steering wheel mod
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2017, 10:42:35 am »
Hi,

I just want to let you all know that there is a "ingame no-hands and unmoving steering wheel" mod at racedepartment.
The ingame 3D hands and turning of the 3D steering wheel can be switched off with this mod and using symprojects hardware feels better with it. The game does not crash as far as I can tell after a few races.
You need to edit the file for the team whose car you want to drive before you start the game. If you choose another team ingame the hands will be there again. The ingame steering wheel does still give information like shiftlights, gear, speed etc. but just doesn't turn left and right anymore.
All information from the ingame 3D steering wheel can be shown on your symprojects hardware (gear, speed, RPM in numbers, last laptime, position, laps). The DRS-LED is not necessary because you hear a sound if DRS is available.

The steering wheel will completely disappear in "career" gameplay but it wont disappear in time attack and training etc.

It also works with the steam version of F1 2016.

link:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/remove-hands.11689/

edit:
Is it possible to get the fuel data from F1 2016 for SimScreen ?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:53:17 am by Enzo F. »

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2017, 11:59:38 am »
Thank you for letting us know.
it looks a very useful mod.

Cristiano

hit counter