Author Topic: Any news on getting other gauges workin with iRacing?  (Read 17730 times)

mikeperry

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
Any news on getting other gauges workin with iRacing?
« on: October 06, 2011, 08:39:04 pm »
I hope this can happen, I have invested in an entire dash for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.

I currently have a revburner board running the 5" Proparts Spek Tach, but would love to get the other 6 Spek 2 1/16" Gauges going with iRacing.

Here is  a video of them all running in demo mode powered by a single revburner board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiV-0f0bfJ4

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
Re: Any news on getting other gauges workin with iRacing?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 11:23:58 am »
Hi.
the beta version of the new IRacing plugin is ready and I will post the link for the download here in the forum, during the week end.

the new IRacing API offers much more data, including fuel level, oil temp and oil pressure.
this doesn't mean you will be able to drive your analog gauges because there is no controller to do that.

but if you wait a little more I am starting working on a controller specific for those gauges very soon, end of November hopefully.

Cheers
Cristiano

mikeperry

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 09:37:14 pm »
Christiano,

That is great news!! Are you going to make them all on one board to include a way to power them, or are they going to be like the revburner and only control one gauge. But this is GREAT NEWS!!

Denis Castilloux

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 01:15:28 am »
Hi Christiano as Mike says great news!

I would apperciate having those controller in separate board if they stay at or close to the revBurner price, so we can buy those in different time of the year. But my wish, hope and prayer would be ONE board at real good price for Fuel pressure, Water Temp, Water Pressure, Oil Temp, Oil pressure, Voltage condition controller, ummmm what esle  ::) no that's all . This is what i am looking at, i mostly only do iracing oval and vhr.

Denis 8)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 01:18:40 am by Denis Castilloux »
“UNDERSTEER” is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
“OVERSTEER” is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
“HORSEPOWER” is how fast you hit the fence.
“TORQUE” is how far you take the fence with you.

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 12:45:51 pm »
Hello.
The idea is one board for everything but I don't expect it to be expensive.

It will work with the rev counter and the speedometer of course, and with the gauges that a driven with a variable voltage, like fuel level, temperatures...

I think some gauges that display pressure, like the turbo boost or oil pressure exist in two versions: electronic, which accept a variable voltage as the signal (an they are good) or another version that are connected with a tube/pipe to the engine. this second type won't be supported. so you must check the type of gauge you want to use.

And in general you have to check if the simulator you will use supports supports that data.

if you can find what data every simulator supports:

http://www.symprojects.com/go/simdata

Thanks
Cristiano

DerekSpeare

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 05:48:31 pm »
I am looking forward to seeing this, Christiano.  You make some great stuff and the sim racing community needs and wants the ability to drive additional gauges such as fuel level, oil pressure, water temp, voltage, etc.  I'm looking forward to seeing what emerges from your creative solutions! 

Derek Speare

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 02:43:55 pm »
I am looking forward to seeing this, Christiano.  You make some great stuff and the sim racing community needs and wants the ability to drive additional gauges such as fuel level, oil pressure, water temp, voltage, etc.  I'm looking forward to seeing what emerges from your creative solutions! 

Derek Speare

Hi.
I am definitely doint a controller for those gauges, or at least I will try.
But as I said in another post I will start working on that project at the end of November because first I have to complete another controller which will be available in few weeks.

Cheers
Cristiano

Denis Castilloux

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 05:58:04 pm »

Derek Speare

Hi.
But as I said in another post I will start working on that project at the end of November because first I have to complete another controller which will be available in few weeks.

Cheers
Cristiano

Hi Christiano!

What will be the usage of that new controller?

Denis  8)
“UNDERSTEER” is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
“OVERSTEER” is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
“HORSEPOWER” is how fast you hit the fence.
“TORQUE” is how far you take the fence with you.

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 06:11:22 pm »

Derek Speare

Hi.

Cheers
Cristiano

Hi Christiano!

What will be the usage of that new controller?

Denis  8)

LEDs and 7 segment displays.

In this very low quality video there is  a mini dashboard I have built to display the controller:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3544050/06102011015.rar

Cheers

DerekSpeare

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 11:14:04 pm »

Derek Speare

Hi.

Cheers
Cristiano

I can't wait!

hit counter