Author Topic: Nothing works on GTR2  (Read 12577 times)

Hampsta

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Nothing works on GTR2
« on: October 08, 2011, 08:20:30 am »
Hi all
I have just reinstalled GTR2 on my PC after not having it for a while but I can't get anything out of any of the deivces. All work perfectly with other Sims just not GTR2 but I'm sure I had them working before. I have upgaded to V1.1 and gone to Simdash to try and configure game but when I select GTR2 the configure button is inactive.

Please help
Ricky

Jadran

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Nothing works on GTR2
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 11:44:21 am »
Did you edited the PLR file ?

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 12:47:15 pm »
Please check you have edited the .plr file as explained in this page:

http://www.symprojects.com/installing-the-software/

GTR2 has always worked with no problems.

Cheers
Cristiano

Hampsta

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 02:59:15 am »
Yup that did it, I knew it was something I had done.

Thanks heaps. I'm going back to rfactor Bathurst now :) It's on TV I might as well have a go lol.

gh69

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 01:33:30 pm »
Trying GTR2 with my DLC-247, I cannot get it working  ???

I have modded the PLR file numerous times, but for some reason it is getting reset every time I run GTR2.
Yes I have saved it after editing it, I even set it to read only, but every time I run GTR2, nothing appears on the displays and when I check the PLR file is back to a "0" again  :o

Any ideas as to what is going on anyone ???

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 10:29:53 pm »
Trying GTR2 with my DLC-247, I cannot get it working  ???

I have modded the PLR file numerous times, but for some reason it is getting reset every time I run GTR2.
Yes I have saved it after editing it, I even set it to read only, but every time I run GTR2, nothing appears on the displays and when I check the PLR file is back to a "0" again  :o

Any ideas as to what is going on anyone ???

The problem seems to be with GTR2 rather than SimDash, what do you think.

Don't ask me why but I would try to install in a different directory outside the c:\Program folder. For example c:\GTR2

Please let me know if it helps.

Regards
Cristiano

gh69

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 08:35:39 am »
Oh yeah, definitely a problem with GTR2 or my PC not your software, didn't mean to imply that, just wondered if anyone had come across this before.

Anyway, I had a few more tries and actually got the setting to stick, but I have no idea how, I did not do anything different to all my other tries that I am aware of  ??? other than keep the file open in an editor whilst running GTR2.  ???

Works fine now.

Cheers.

Oh and just as a suggestion ( I dont think it already does it) but would it be possible to enable the various sims to be launched from within Simdash, like you can in the Logitech Profiler etc. Would mean a slightly simpler procedure to get up and racing.

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 01:34:03 pm »

Oh and just as a suggestion ( I dont think it already does it) but would it be possible to enable the various sims to be launched from within Simdash, like you can in the Logitech Profiler etc. Would mean a slightly simpler procedure to get up and racing.

I think it could be possible to start the simulator from within SimDash, I will investigate that, thank you.

The only one that could be problematic is IRacing, because I start it from the website but maybe it is possible to save a shortcut to the disk or something like that.

Regards
Cristiano

hit counter