Author Topic: SimDash v5 and no rev lights? (SOLVED) :)  (Read 10134 times)

SwiftyOne

• View Profile
    • Email
SimDash v5 and no rev lights? (SOLVED) :)
« on: March 30, 2014, 03:09:05 am »
Updated from SimDash v4 to v5...My rev lights did not work on my Symprojects Pro Race SLI from here: http://simracinghardware.com/product/symprojects-pro-race-sli/
I checked everything hardware from changing USB ports to taking apart the Pro Race, and checking for loose wires or connections,the problem was still there  ??? When checking with SimDash v5 on brightness of the LED's all LED's would come on, including all the rev lights  ??? Also checked with GRT2 no rev lights, pCARS no rev lights....Now after a few hours, I uninstalled SimDash v5 and reinstalled SimDash v4...Now my rev lights are back again....So I believe this issue is in the SimDash v5 software, and not hardware related...Could you check this out? Please!  ;D

Many thanks for your work.. ;)
Cheers...
Swifty
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 05:38:21 pm by SwiftyOne »

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
Re: SimDash v5 and no rev lights?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 09:37:03 pm »
Hello.
I am going to check this and fix it, sorry for the problem.

SwiftyOne

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 09:55:51 pm »
Thank you :)

M4MKey

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 05:40:08 pm »
Hi there. I also think SimDash v5 doesn't like pCARS in 64bits version. If the game is run under -x64 parameters, SimDash doesn't detect the game at all. :)

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 05:30:39 pm »
Hello.
if the game is not detected it means that the name of process is different from what it is expected.
that's the way the games are detected: checking the names of the running processes until a known name if found.

Personally I have used pCars on a 64 bit machine and found that the game is detected, but maybe there are differences between machines.

the process' name that SimDash looks for in order to detect the game is: "pCARS"

maybe you could start Task Manager while the game is running and see if you have a pCARS process listed. and if you can't find it see what the name of the process is, so that I can update SimDash to make it work correctly.

In the next release of SimDash I will also add the option to start any plugin manually, to avoid this type of problems.

Regards
Cristiano

Hi there. I also think SimDash v5 doesn't like pCARS in 64bits version. If the game is run under -x64 parameters, SimDash doesn't detect the game at all. :)

M4MKey

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 08:35:36 pm »
Hi Christiano. Indeed, running it on a 64bit machine and running it in 64bit mode is quite a different thing.

The 64bit executable has this process name : "pCARS64.exe"

Hope this can help :)

Cheers !

SwiftyOne

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 05:29:03 am »

Hello
What you said got me thinking, so I installed v5 again just to make sure I was not running x64 bit when I reported the issue in the opening post. Started pcars with the 32 bit.exe and sure enough, there is still no shift lights :( the gear lights up, and all other lights are OK, it's just and only the RPM lights (shift lights) that don't work, I shall return to version 4 until this issue is fixed...Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 05:33:16 am by SwiftyOne »

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 05:37:18 pm »
Hello.
just to clarify: are you saying that the shift light work with SimDash v.4 but not with v.5?

If so, could you please send me a copy of your SimDash configuration file? (use menu File->Export Settings... in Simdash)

thanks
Cristiano

Hello
What you said got me thinking, so I installed v5 again just to make sure I was not running x64 bit when I reported the issue in the opening post. Started pcars with the 32 bit.exe and sure enough, there is still no shift lights :( the gear lights up, and all other lights are OK, it's just and only the RPM lights (shift lights) that don't work, I shall return to version 4 until this issue is fixed...Thank you!

M4MKey

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 10:50:19 pm »
Hi again. For sure SwiftyOne issue isn't related to mine. For sure 64 bits version of pCARS doesn't work as it uses the pcars64.exe executable.

32 bits version of pCARS has SimDash working perfectly for me :)

SwiftyOne

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 07:08:20 pm »
Hello.
just to clarify: are you saying that the shift light work with SimDash v.4 but not with v.5?

If so, could you please send me a copy of your SimDash configuration file? (use menu File->Export Settings... in Simdash)

thanks
Cristiano

Sorry for the long delay, yes that is what I'm saying, but I cannot find the file you want..I use menu File->Export Settings... in Simdash...and get "No file matches your search" .xml file?

« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 04:07:21 pm by SwiftyOne »

SwiftyOne

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 05:37:44 pm »
Hi
So, here's another funny thing :) Removed all traces of SimDash from my PC (from SimDash v2 to v5 all gone) rebooted PC, went to SimDash website downloaded SimDash v5 and installed, rebooted PC started SimDash, and pCARS...And all is fine, all rev-lights work with all cars Really don't know what happened there, could have just been a dodgy download maybe. Anyway...All is good and working fine ...Thanks for your hard work ;)

Cheers..
Swifty

Ziggy UK

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: SimDash v5 and no rev lights? (SOLVED) :)
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 03:23:43 am »
Will you be adding the 64bit executable with the process name : "pCARS64.exe" soon by any chance.  It's a bit annoying to have to run pcars in 32bit mode just for SimDash.

M4MKey

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 01:47:58 pm »
+1 with Ziggy :) keep us in touch please ;)

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 05:50:15 pm »
I have done it in the next release.
I have also added an option to manually start any simulator plugin, regardless of the process' name.

regards
Cristiano

Will you be adding the 64bit executable with the process name : "pCARS64.exe" soon by any chance.  It's a bit annoying to have to run pcars in 32bit mode just for SimDash.

SwiftyOne

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 12:31:31 am »
I have done it in the next release.
I have also added an option to manually start any simulator plugin, regardless of the process' name.

regards
Cristiano

Wow! Thank you, that is great news :)

hit counter