Author Topic: SimDash 1.3.6 Beta  (Read 64591 times)

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
SimDash 1.3.6 Beta
« on: February 03, 2012, 10:16:00 pm »
Hello.

This is the link for downloading the beta version of SimDash 1.3.6:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3544050/SimDash.1.3.6.Beta.zip

If anybody tests it, please let me know if you find problems so I can fix them before the final release.

The main features of this release are:

• Profiles. you can have up to 10 profiles in the application and all the settings for the games, displays and so on belong to the current profile. If you change profile you automagically load the settings associated with that profile. if it is the first time you use a profile, you get the default settings. This is useful for example if you had different settings for the shift light, depending on the car you drive in the simulator.  I haven't written the documentation for this feature yet, but I think it is self explanatory. You access the profiles list from the application menu (View->Profiles...)
  • I have expanded the configuration settings for the blinking of LEDs connected to the DLC-247 or Pro Shift. Basically now you can set the value at which the LEDs turn ON and the values at which they blink slowly, at normal speed or fast. Until SimDash 1.3.5 instead the LEDs blinked all the time or never.
  • rFactor 2 now is supported. Bare in mind that there must be a bug in the game because when I start a session SimDah start receiving the data after 7-10 seconds. I will investigate this but I am sure it is down to the game. The plugin must be configured in SimDash.
  • Nascar Racing 2003 should work with SimDash now. Latest patch is required. SimDash must be started BEFORE the game and if you restart SimDash when Nascar is running, it won't work. you have to close the game, start SimDash and then start Nascar.
  • Kart Racing Pro is supported. Only the registered version works, not the demo. Simple configuration needed.
  • I fixed some small bugs, like Fuel% in IRacing.

This should be everything if I haven't forgotten anything.

Thanks
Cristiano
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 04:21:49 pm by Cristiano »

BaumGT

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: SimDash 1.3.6 Beta
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 08:47:06 am »
Hey Christiano,

Thanks for the quick rFactor2 support, nice job!

I,ve downloaded the 1.3.6 beta version, but I can't find the option for the diffrent blinking configuration of the LEDs.
For example, I want to use one LED, which is blinking slowly when the oil-temp is above 110°C, and blinking fast when the oil-temp is above 115°C. Is that still not possible?

EDIT: Okay, I found it, problem solved! Man I can't wait to finish my dash...

Thank You, BaumGT
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 09:02:00 am by BaumGT »

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 10:59:04 am »
It is possible now.do you have the pro sfift or the dlc-247?
I will send you a couple of screenshot.

Regards

BaumGT

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 11:12:15 am »
I have the DLC-247.
Just looked in the configuration screen but couldn't find it in first place, but now it's totally clear, thank you for your help anyways.
Haven't tested it yet because I'm still planning my build, layout, wiring and configuration, but I guess it will work perfectly.

Again, thanks for your quick response, you're doing a great job!

RD Hardware

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 03:13:15 pm »
The delay in the telemetry is a known rF2 issue, not simdash ;)

RD Hardware

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 04:21:25 pm »
Hmmmm cant get it working with rF2 at the moment???

Plugin is installed in the rF2 plugin folder, simdash see's rF2 when it fires up, but no telemetry is being sent.

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 04:24:43 pm »
Hmmmm cant get it working with rF2 at the moment???

Plugin is installed in the rF2 plugin folder, simdash see's rF2 when it fires up, but no telemetry is being sent.

can you check the folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Plugins

contains the file rFactor2Proxy.dll ?

did you wait ~10 secs since the start of the session?

RD Hardware

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 04:31:50 pm »
yes its in the folder and I did about a bout 2 laps each test....so waited about 3 mins.

I have manualy installed the plugin too..still no luck and re-installed simdash too
Strange??

RD Hardware

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 04:57:45 pm »
removed and re-installed again from a fresh download, its still not working, but I did notice a just for a split second, a few flashes of data on the simscreen, but only for a tenth of a second. That happened about 7-10 seconds into the session...

zxmika

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 08:07:56 pm »
Works great, thanks for the profiles, they are a big help. But could you please make the application window remember its last position? I don't know anything but that shouldn't be very hard  ;)
Thanks for you work Cristiano.

Mike0001

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • German Race07 Simracing
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 05:23:15 pm »
After restarting the tool my settings are always set to default. so i have to reconfigure simdash everytime.
to finish 1st you have to finish first

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 05:29:32 pm »
After restarting the tool my settings are always set to default. so i have to reconfigure simdash everytime.

The settings should be saved when you close the application.

Sorry for the silly question, how do you close SimDash?

Thanks

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 06:21:41 pm »

I have just realized that if you reduce SimDash to the Systray, then right click the icon e choose "Exis", the settings are not saved.

Is this your case?

Thanks

bredita

• Approved Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 07:37:59 pm »
I noticed the settings dont save. so I tried to export the profile and then click file->exit and it still does not save.
Also, the profile I exported did not contain settings for all my boards (gi-max, pro shift, simscreen and spi-d)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 07:43:41 pm by bredita »

Cristiano

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SymProjects
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 11:01:21 pm »
I noticed the settings dont save. so I tried to export the profile and then click file->exit and it still does not save.
Also, the profile I exported did not contain settings for all my boards (gi-max, pro shift, simscreen and spi-d)

Thanks.
Are the settings kept if you go back to the configuration screens, without closing the application?

Regards

hit counter